Beet and chocolate cookies
1 package (397g) of Champetre whole red beets
65 ml (¼ cup) of neutral coconut oil
65 ml (¼ cup) of maple syrup
375 ml (1 ½ cups) of flour (white or whole wheat, to taste)
7.5 ml (½ tbsp.) of baking powder
65 ml (¼ cup) of sugar
2.5 ml (½ tsp.) of apple cider vinegar
1 ml (¼ tsp.) of vanilla extract
125 ml (½ cup) of chocolate chips (milk, dark or white, to taste)
15 ml (1 tbsp.) of canola oil
1. Preheat the oven to 350 ° F.
2. In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and sugar. Reserve.
3. Cut the whole beets in half (and the larger ones in thirds).
4. Place the beets in the blender with the melted coconut oil and maple syrup. Mix everything until you obtain an almost smooth purée. There will be a few lumps left.
5. Pour the beet mixture onto the dry ingredients.
6. Add the vanilla extract, apple cider vinegar and chocolate chips.
7. Mix everything well.
8. Form the cookie dough into twenty balls (coat your fingers with canola oil beforehand to prevent it sticking to your hands).
9. Place dough balls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
10. Let cool and enjoy.