Cooking 5 minutes
Preparation 20 minutes
- 1 bag (397 g) of Champêtre diced red beets
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) tomato paste
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) olive oil
- 1 tsp (5 mL) soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. (5 mL) cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) salt
- In a saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat and add the onion and brown sugar. Caramelize everything.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and reduce.
- Add the rest of the ingredients: beetroot, tomato paste and spices. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Put all the ingredients in a blender and mix by adding a little water if necessary.
- Pass the sauce through a sieve to obtain a relatively smooth sauce.
- If your sauce is too runny, put it back on the heat to reduce it for about 5 minutes.
- Let cool before putting in the refrigerator.