375 ml (1 ½ cups) of all-purpose flour
1 cup (250 ml) of quick oatmeal
1 pinch of salt
15 ml (1 tbsp) of baking powder
¼ cup (75 ml) of maple sugar
45 ml (3 tbsp) of unsalted butter
1 Champetre’s medium cooked whole red beet
75 ml (¼ cup) of maple syrup
1 beaten egg
15 ml (1 tbsp) of milk
125 ml (½ cup) of icing sugar
45 ml (3 tbsp) of maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 400 ° F.
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
- Melt the butter in the microwave and incorporate it with a fork into the dry ingredients.
- In a small food processor, crush the beet to a smooth purée (add a small amount of water to help achieve the right texture).
- Add the purée and all other ingredients to the mixture of dry ingredients and butter.
- Form a ball with the dough with your hands.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, flatten the ball of dough in a 8-inch-diameter large disk.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes and let cool completely.
- Cut into 8 triangular portions.
- In a bowl, combine the ingredients for the icing. If the preparation is too thick, add a little bit of milk.
- Decorate the scones and enjoy.