Egg casserole with cream and breakfast potatoes
Cooking 16 minutes
Preparation 5 minutes
½ package (198g) of Champetre’s cubed breakfast style potatoes
15 ml (1 tbsp.) of butter
50 ml (3 tbsp. And 1 tsp.) of 35% cooking cream
1/2 branch of chives (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400oF.
- On a foil-lined baking sheet, cook the potatoes for about 10 minutes or until crispy. Keep warm.
- Lower the oven temperature to 350oF.
- Meanwhile, boil some water using a kettle.
- Butter a ramekin well. Break the egg into the ramekin, season with salt and pepper.
- Pour boiling water up to ⅔ in a Pyrex-type baking dish and place your ramekin in it, in a bain-marie style.
- Bake the egg for 5 to 6 minutes or until the white is cooked.
- Meanwhile, heat the cream in a small pot over medium-high heat, whisk and remove from the first broth.
- Remove the dish from the oven, remove the ramekin from the water and pour the cream over the egg.
- Garnish with chive rings.
- Serve immediately with the potatoes.