English muffins and their potatoes
Cooking 25 minutes
Preparation 20 minutes
1 ½ package (596g) of Champêtre cubed breakfast potatoes
6 slices of bacon
½ yellow onion, minced
1 package (227 g) Florette spinach
5 large eggs
375 ml (1 ½ cups) of egg whites
125 ml (½ cup) of milk
Salt and pepper, to taste
6 slices of Swiss cheese
6 English muffins
Butter, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook the bacon until crispy. Place on paper towel to absorb excess fat.
- In the same skillet, cook the onions over medium heat until translucent, 5 to 8 min. Add spinach and cook until just wilted. Set everything aside.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs, egg whites, milk, salt and pepper. Add spinach and onions.
- Butter a Pyrex type dish (about 13 x 9 in).
- Pour the mixture into the buttered dish. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the eggs are set.
- On a baking sheet, place the breakfast potatoes and bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Turn them halfway through cooking.
- Toast the buttered English muffins in a very hot pan.
- Cut egg mixture into 6 circles (use English muffin for size).
- On half an English muffin, place an egg slice, a slice of bacon cut in 2 and the cheese. Top with the other English muffin half. Repeat for the other 5.
- Serve 2 English muffin per portion with breakfast potatoes.