Cooking 20 minutes
Preparation 15 minutes
- 2 packets of Greek-style Champêtre potatoes
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) Unsalted butter
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) Flour
- 500 ml (2 cups) milk
- ½ finely chopped onion
- 1 pinch of pepper
- 1 small red onion, cut into slices
- 20 black olives, pitted
- 1 tomato
- 1 block of feta cheese cut into cubes
- Preheat the oven at the broil setting while lowering the temperature to 350F.
- Place the Greek-style potatoes on a baking sheet and cook for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Melt the butter over medium heat in a saucepan, add the half onion and stir until it becomes tender and almost translucent.
- Sprinkle the flour over the butter and onion and mix with a whisk.
- Cook the mixture of butter and flour for 1 minute over medium heat, without stopping whisking.
- Add milk and a pinch of pepper, whisking constantly. Bring to a boil (medium-high heat) and continue to mix.
- When the sauce has the desired consistency, remove from heat.
- Cut the red onion into thin slices, the black olives in half and the tomato into cubes.
- Divide the hot Greek potatoes between two bowls. Pour the béchamel sauce over them and garnish the poutines with the last ingredients on top.