Indian yellow beet protein humus
Cooking 0 minutes
Preparation 10 minutes
- 1 package (284 g) Champêtre diced yellow beets
- 1 can (540 ml) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 75 ml (1/3 cup) lemon juice
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) each: hemp seeds and olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 75 ml (3/4 tsp) fennel seeds
- 5 ml (1/2 tsp) each: ground cumin and ground turmeric
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil, hemp seeds, almond sticks and chopped fresh coriander, to taste for decoration
- In a blender or a culinary robot, reduce all the ingredients except the almonds and cilantro to a smooth puree.
- Place the hummus in a serving bowl. Garnish with a drizzle of olive oil, hemp seeds, almonds and cilantro.
Note: Serve with raw vegetables, crackers or pieces of toasted pita bread.