Simmered veal, apple butter sauce and beets
- 600g (about 1 1/3 lb) of veal loin, cut into cubes
- 1 package (397 g) Champêtre diced red beets
- 375 ml (1 ½ cups) demi-glace sauce
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) of apple butter
- 5 ml (1 tsp) chopped rosemary
- 1 chopped onion
- In a skillet, heat a little olive oil over medium heat. Cook the veal cubes for 5 to 6 minutes, until browned on all sides. Salt and pepper. Set aside on a plate.
- In the same skillet, cook the beets and onion for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Return the veal to the pan and add the demi-glace sauce, apple butter and rosemary. Stir. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
Parisian potato gratin
In a baking dish, mix the content of 1 packet (368 g) Champêtre Parisian potatoes with 60 ml (1/4 cup) chopped dry French shallots, 160 ml (2/3 cup) cooking cream 15%, 10 ml (2 tsp) chopped parsley and 5 ml (1 tsp) chopped thyme. Salt and pepper. Garnish with 250 ml (1 cup) grated cheddar. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes at 180 ° C (350 ° F). Set the oven to the broil position and brown for 1 to 2 minutes.
Recipe developed in partnership with Pratico-Pratiques: