Vegan soup of yellow beets, carrots and curry
2 packages (2 x 284g) of Champêtre cubed golden beets
15 ml (1 tbsp.) of olive oil
454g (1 lb) of carrots, peeled and cut into sliced
30 ml (2 tbsp.) of curry powder
1.25 L (5 cups) of water or vegetable broth
440 ml (1 ¾ cups) of coconut milk
Salt and pepper, to taste
Cooked white rice, naan breads, cilantro and lime garnishes (optional)
- In a large saucepan, cook beets and carrots in the oil for 4-6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the curry powder and toss to coat the vegetables. Cook for about 1 minute.
- Pour in the water (or broth) and bring to a boil. Simmer for 30 to 40 minutes until the carrots are tender.
- Pour everything into a blender, add the coconut milk and puree the mixture until smooth and creamy. Adjust seasoning as needed.
- Ladle the soup into bowls. Serve with cooked white rice or toasted naan breads. Garnish with fresh cilantro and lime wedges, if desired.