Greek Pork Chops
2 packages (2 x 397g) of Champêtre Greek Potatoes
4-6 bone-in pork loin chops
Lemon wedges (for garnish)
125 ml (½ cup) extra virgin olive oil
125 ml (½ cup) Worcestershire sauce
125 ml (½ cup) lemon juice
2 garlic cloves, pressed
15 ml (1 tbsp.) dried oregano
5 ml (1 tsp) salt
2 ml (½ tsp) pepper
- In a bowl, whisk together all the ingredients for the marinade.
- Place the chops in a Ziploc type bag and pour the marinade. Gently shake the bag to coat them all.
- Leave to marinate in the fridge for at least 2 hours or ideally overnight.
- Preheat the BBQ to approximately 450°F.
- Spread the Greek potatoes on a large aluminum plate and place over a burner that is at minimum. Bake for about 15 minutes or until golden brown. Stir occasionally.
- Using metal tongs and paper towel, oil the BBQ grill.
- Top with chops and sear for about 3 minutes on each side or until lightly charred.
- Move them over an unlit burner to finish cooking with indirect heat. Close the lid and cook until they reach an internal temperature of 145°F, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove the chops from the BBQ and cover with aluminum foil. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Just before serving, sprinkle chops with salt and drizzle with lemon juice.
- Serve with Greek potatoes.