Risotto with yellow beets
1 ½ package (426 g) Champêtre diced yellow beet
65 ml (¼ cup) of water
15 ml (1 tbsp.) of extra virgin olive oil
1 yellow onion, finely chopped
500 ml (2 cups) of arborio rice
1 bay leaf
250 ml (1 cup) of dry white wine
1.25 L (5 cups) of vegetable broth, warmed
90 ml (6 tbsp.) of unsalted butter
170 ml (⅔ cup) of grated Parmigiano cheese
65 ml (¼ cup) of 35% cooking cream
65 ml (¼ cup) of chopped chives
A pinch of salt and pepper
- Place the beets in a blender or food processor and puree, adding a little water as needed to achieve a smooth puree. Put aside.
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat the oil. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent.
- Add the rice and bay leaf and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Pour in the white wine and simmer until absorbed.
- Then pour in the broth a ladle at a time, stirring frequently until it is almost completely absorbed before adding more. When the rice is tender but firm to the bite (after about 20 minutes), remove the bay leaf.
- Add the yellow beet puree and stir to incorporate, then add the butter, cheese, cream and chives.
- Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.