Cooking 0 minutes
Preparation 10 minutes
190 ml (¾ cup) of fresh lemon juice
170 ml (⅔ cup) of granulated sugar
1 package (397g) of Champetre whole red beets
1.5 L (6 cups) of water
A few cubes of frozen red beets
- Finely grate whole beets to make ¼ cup.
- In a blender, pour the lemon juice and sugar. Add the grated beetroot and 1 cup of water. Blend for 1 minute or until mixture is bright pink and well blend. (The beets won’t be completely smooth, that’s normal!)
- In a bowl, strain the mixture through a sieve to collect any small pieces. Use the back of a spoon to extract as much juice as possible.
- Transfer the filtered mixture to a pitcher. Add the remaining 5 cups of water and stir.
- Add more lemon juice or sugar to taste.
- Place frozen beet cubes in the glasses for ice cubes.
- Store lemonade in the refrigerator.