Chocolate, beets and orange muffins
Cooking 25 minutes
Preparation 10 minutes
- 500 mL (2 cups) all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) cocoa powder
- 10 ml (2 teaspoons) baking powder
- 2.5 mL (1/2 teaspoon) ground cardamom
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) dark chocolate chips
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 1 package (397 g) of Champêtre diced red beets
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) canola oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 160 mL (2/3 cup) plain Greek yogurt
- 1 big orange, zest and juice
- Preheat the oven to 180⁰C (350⁰F).
- Mash the beets using a culinary robot
- In a bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, cardamom, chocolate chips and brown sugar; set aside.
- In another bowl, combine oil, eggs, yogurt, zest and orange juice and the beet puree. Add to dry ingredients and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into 12 muffin cups.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffins comes out clean.