Cubed red beets and Roquefort cheese
Cooking 2 minutes
Preparation 15 minutes
1 package (397g) of Champêtre whole red beets
100g of roquefort cheese
30 ml (2 tbsp.) of chopped walnuts
30 ml (2 tbsp.) of breadcrumbs
Fresh parsley (optional)
Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to Broil.
- Cut the 4 sides of each beet to form a large cube (keep the excess for another recipe).
- Using an apple corer or a small melon baller, hollow out the inside of the cubes to form a cavity.
- In a small bowl, mash the Roquefort with a fork to soften it. Add the walnuts, pepper and mix well.
- Stuff the inside of the beet cubes with the Roquefort mixture.
- Sprinkle some breadcrumbs over the cubes.
- Put in the oven for about 2 minutes and make sure they don’t burn.
- Place sprigs of parsley as decoration on the plate and serve hot or cold.