Cooking 5 minutes
Preparation 15 minutes
1 lb of plain Champêtre Parisian potatoes
2 tbsp. of butter, melted
1 beaten egg
1 ¼ to 1 ½ cup of flour
Salt to taste
- Drain the Parisian potatoes.
- Cut them into thin slices.
- Mix them with the butter and the egg in a bowl. Gently combine 1 ¼ cup of the flour and knead until a dough forms, adding more flour as needed (it will still be a bit sticky). (You may not need all the flour.)
- Cover the dough (in the bowl) and let stand 30 min. at room temperature.
- Sprinkle flour on your countertop and shape the dough to form a strand of dough ½ to ¾ inch thick. Cut into ½ inch pieces.
- Gently press with the back of a fork on each gnocchi to create small lines.
- Cook in salted boiling water, about 3 to 5 min. Or until they begin to float. Drain.
- Pour your favorite sauce over the gnocchi (tomato, Alfredo, rosée, etc.) and garnish with fresh parsley for decoration.