Mini Egg and Bacon Burgers with Breakfast Potatoes
1 package (397 g) cubed Champêtre breakfast potatoes
30 ml (2 tbsp.) of unsalted butter
65 ml (¼ cup) of milk
2.5 ml (½ teaspoon) of salt
12 rolls (buns style)
2 ½ cups (625 ml) of grated cheddar cheese
12 slices of bacon, cooked and cut in half
1 ml (¼ teaspoon) of garlic powder
15 mL (1 tbsp.) of finely chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400oF.
- On a baking sheet, place the breakfast potatoes and cook for 15 minutes. Reserve.
- Butter a baking dish (Pyrex type) with 1 tablespoon of butter. Reserve.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs until the mixture is well combined and becomes a little foamy. Add the milk, salt and mix well again.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat and pour in the egg mixture.
- Using a spatula, scramble the eggs, stirring occasionally, until cooked through. Remove from fire.
- Arrange the bottoms of the burgers in the buttered dish. Top the buns with half the cheese.
- Spread the scrambled eggs over the cheese, top with the bacon and garnish with the rest of the cheese.
- Place the buns on top of the burgers and brush them with the remaining melted butter. Sprinkle lightly with garlic powder.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the cheese is melted and the buns are lightly browned, about 7 to 10 minutes. Sprinkle with fresh parsley before serving with crispy cubed breakfast potatoes.