Sesame glazed potatoes
45 ml (3 tbsp.) of soy sauce
45 ml (3 tbsp.) of water
30 ml (2 tbsp.) of sugar
5 ml (1 teaspoon) of fish sauce
1 medium garlic clove, finely chopped
30 ml (2 tbsp.) of vegetable oil
275g of Champêtre Parisian potatoes
15 ml (1 tbsp.) of roasted sesame oil
15 ml (1 tbsp.) or roasted sesame seeds
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, water, sugar, fish sauce and garlic until the sugar has dissolved. Reserve.
- Cut the potatoes in half.
- In a frying pan, pour the oil and add the potatoes with the flat sides facing down. Cook over medium-high heat until the potatoes are lightly browned on the flat side, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Lower the heat to medium-low, add the soy sauce mixture and toss to combine with the potatoes.
- Cover and cook until potatoes are completely tender, about 10 minutes.
- Remove the lid, increase the heat to high and stir constantly with a spatula until the liquid has reduced and thickened like a caramel, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and place on plates. Drizzle with sesame oil and sprinkle with sesame seeds.