Vegan breakfast tacos
1 package (1 x 397 g) of Champêtre cubed breakfast potatoes
2 medium tortilla breads
2 tempeh sausages, crumbled
¼ block of semi-firm tofu, crumbled
0.5 ml (⅛ tsp) of ground cumin
0.5 ml (⅛ tsp) of smoked paprika
0.5 ml (⅛ tsp) of turmeric
½ tomato, diced
60 ml (4 tbsp.) of vegan sour cream
125 ml (½ cup) of vegan cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- On a baking sheet, place the breakfast potatoes and bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Turn them halfway through cooking.
- In a skillet, heat the crumbled sausages over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes. Add the tofu, cumin, paprika and turmeric, to the pan and mix. Heat for another 3 to 5 minutes.
- Place the 2 tortillas through 2 or 3 racks of your oven so that the two sides of each bread hang down, they will serve as a base for the tacos. Let harden 5 to 7 minutes or until crispy.
- At the bottom of the tacos, place the tempeh and tofu mixture, the tomatoes, and the breakfast potatoes.
- Pour sour cream and add grated cheese on top.