Cranberry Glazed Yellow Beets
1 ½ package (426 g) of Champetre diced yellow beets
15 ml (1 tablespoon) of unsalted butter
85 ml (⅓ cup) of finely chopped onion
125 ml (½ cup) of coarsely chopped dried sweetened cranberries
The zest of an orange
30 ml (2 tbsp.) of brown sugar
250 ml (1 cup) of chicken broth
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the onion and stir to coat. Stir occasionally, 3 to 4 minutes, or until onion is translucent.
- Add dried cranberries, orange zest, brown sugar and broth, stirring to combine.
- Cover and cook for 5 to 10 minutes, keeping a slight bubbling.
- Stir in beets. Increase the heat to medium-high. Bring everything to a boil and then reduce the heat to medium. Cook another 5 minutes.
- If, after this time, the broth is not yet reduced to a glaze, increase the heat to medium-high so that the liquid reduces.
- Transfer the glazed beets to a serving platter.
- Serve immediately, as an accompaniment to the dish of your choice.