Vegetable and golden beet soup
Cooking 25 minutes
Preparation 20 minutes
- 15ml (1 tbsp) olive oil
- 1-2 leeks, sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1-2 stalks of celery, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 packet of yellow beets in Champêtre cubes
- 1.5L (6 cups) chicken broth
- 250 to 500ml (1 to 2 cups) water
- ½ yellow pepper, cut into pieces
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh herbs (parsley, dill, green onion) sliced
- Sour cream, to serve with soup
- Heat the oil in a large, thick-bottomed pot (minimum 5 to 6 liters capacity).
- Add the leeks, season with salt and cook, about 3 minutes, until tender.
- Add the carrots, celery and garlic. Season with salt and pepper and cook, another 3 to 5 minutes, until the carrots are soft.
- Pour 1 cup of chicken broth, bring to a boil, cook, covered, for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add the beets, season with salt and pepper, cook 1 to 2 minutes.
- The broth should mainly be absorbed by all vegetables.
- Pour in the remaining 5 cups of broth and water (adjust the amount of water according to the thickness of your soup). Boil the water.
- Add the pepper and zucchini and cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Garnish the soup with fresh herbs.
- You can also serve the soup with sour cream.