Yellow beet and carrot bread
1 package (284 g) of Champêtre diced yellow beets
250 ml (1 ½ cups) of white or whole wheat flour
10 ml (2 tsp.) of baking powder
5 ml (1 tsp) of salt
2.5 ml (½ tsp) of ground cinnamon
2.5 ml (½ tsp) ground coriander
2.5 ml (½ tsp) of grated fresh ginger
125 ml (½ cup) of chopped walnuts
125 ml (½ cup) of raisins
3 carrots peeled and grated
125 ml (½ cup) of melted butter
125 ml (½ cup) of maple syrup
60 ml (¼ cup) of milk
125 ml (½ cup) of applesauce
- Preheat oven to 350○F.
- Butter a 23 x 13 cm (9 x 5 in) loaf pan with a capacity of 1.5 liters (6 cups).
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, coriander, ginger, raisins and walnuts. Reserve.
- In a food processor, coarsely grind the beets.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, butter, maple syrup, milk and applesauce. Add the crushed beets and grated carrots, then mix.
- Pour half of the dry ingredients over the other mixture and stir. Repeat with the other half until smooth.
- Dump mixture into loaf pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for about 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Wait at least 5 minutes before unmolding.