Yellow beet pokebowl
For the beets:
1 package (284 g) of Champêtre yellow diced beets
45 ml (3 tbsp.) of soy sauce
15 ml (1 tbsp.) of toasted sesame oil
1 small clove of garlic, grated
3 ml (½ tsp.) of grated ginger
5 ml (1 tsp.) of minced green onion
1 cup (250 ml) short grain white rice or brown rice
15 ml (1 tbsp.) of rice vinegar
1 pinch of salt
1 cup (250 ml) of peeled and thawed edamame
3 green onions
2 medium carrots
1 handful of microgreens of your choice
Toasted sesame seeds
- Cook rice according to package directions. Remove from the heat and add the rice vinegar and a pinch of salt. Stir well and reserve.
- In a bowl, combine the “For the beets” ingredients. Reserve.
- Prepare the vegetables: thinly slice the green onions and radishes. Cut the carrots into julienne strips.
- Garnish the bowls with rice and arrange all the ingredients around the bowl and finish with the pickled beets in the center.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Serve with spicy mayonnaise.